The Basis Administrator is responsible for the management of the Client environment. The Basis Administrator responsibilities include configuring, monitoring, tuning, and troubleshooting the technical environment on an ongoing basis as well as scheduling and executing the SAP transport system. The Basis Administrator collaborates to resolve transport and source code problems. The Basis Administrator is responsible for the installation, upgrade, and maintenance of Client systems. Additional areas include the evaluation and design of interfaces between Client and external systems, maintenance of the Data Dictionary and database objects, and manage the migration of database and application configuration into production as well as analyze, develop, and maintain data architectures and process models within Client.
A key area of responsibility is the documentation and updating of the existing environment and work with IT and business units to modernize the environment.
The Basis Administrator must possess the ability to analyze situations and provide problem resolution. Excellent written and oral communication skills are a requirement.
- Implement and maintain the multiple instances that comprise the Client environment (development, test, training and production).
- Maintain the integrity of the Client environment by managing the Correction and Transport System (CTS) to ensure all configuration and development objects are promoted properly.
- Introduce technical changes into the environment using a structured approach that minimizes risk and achieves high reliability, availability and performance of each instance.
- Design and implement an optimal configuration to maximize system performance and availability.
- Install and configure all required database servers and application servers.
- Manage users, authorizations, and profiles.
- Distribute the online user workload and monitor and manage the background job workload.
- Configure and manage the printing subsystem for all instances.
- Maintain performance by planning and executing tuning strategies.
- Monitor all systems (work processes, users, system logs, short dumps, locks, developer traces, system traces, disk space, etc.).
- Administer the database with Database Administrator (plan and perform database upgrades, apply database maintenance, design and maintain physical database layout, perform database reorganizations, design and implement backup and restore strategy, maintain database security, administer database performance, manage database storage, database problem determination and resolution, etc.).
- Perform client administration (create client, copy client, delete client, export/import client) as required.
- Participate in the planning and implementation of system upgrades.
- Apply and migrate maintenance (hot packages and kernel upgrades) through all systems using a structured methodology.
- Develop and maintain system documentation for all instances and interfaces.
- Provide status reports for projects to management.
- SAP HANA administration certified.
- Minimum of 6 years of experience as basis administrator position in a large IT consultancy company.
Travanleo is a fast growing IT system integrator focused on Digital Enterprise Applications & SAP Technology Consulting. We offer a fresh perspective in providing solutions to maximize the value of client’s enterprise IT solutions.
Bring passion, excellence and dedication to your job and there is no telling what you could accomplish here.
Send your resume to: email@example.com