Requirements and Responsibilities
The main purpose of this role is to manage a number of web development teams including team leaders within the Magento Practice, delivering business critical projects on time whilst maintaining high morale, managing the day to day activities in an efficient and professional manner and ensuring all team targets are met as advised by management.
Reports to the VP Magento.
Craftsmanship Aspects of the Role
- Assist Project Managers in planning, guidance and direction to the teams.
- Understand the technologies, tools and techniques used within the team.
- Work closely with the business and developers on issues related to project requirements.
- Help the development team to build high quality products. Make all developers aware what are the quality standards in organization, what value they bring in and encourage them to make the standards even better.
- Drive change to implement efficient and effective strategies as advised by management.
- Build organizational culture based on knowledge sharing and direct communication within teams.
- Work closely with peers in the business to fully understand the business process and requirements including cooperation with PMs, BAs, strategists, etc.
- Gain enough business knowledge to be able to actively participate in communication between parties in order to respond to business needs.
- Show flexibility to respond to the changing needs of the business.
- Actively contribute to the process of continual improvement and training, with regard to self, team and systems.
Line Manager Aspects of the Role
- Lead a team of Web Software Engineers and Tech Leaders in the creation of high quality Magento websites within agreed project deadlines.
- Be a part of a Recruitment Team, assist in skills and culture fit evaluation.
- Assume a high level of ownership of all work developed by members of the team.
- Assist induction process of new team members and proactively support the continued development of existing team members.
- Build and promote a positive working environment for the team within your areas as well as other business areas you will engage with.
- Effectively manage team members in line with company culture and values, providing effective, valuable feedback on daily basis.
- Work with the VP Magento and the business to improve transparency of work being done and planned for future.
- Inspire and motivate team members.
- Be knowledgeable about each member of your team, their strengths, weaknesses and effectiveness.
- Work with the wider Magento Practice to assist all initiatives making Tryzens a better place to work.
- Be a champion for your area within the Magento practice.
- Proven experience of managing software development teams including people management of web development staff.
- Experience using Scrum or other Agile methodologies.
- Experience with eCommerce.
- Experience in full software development lifecycle from design to deployment, understanding best practices and trends in software development for web.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Experience with Magento
- Experience with QA-related processes and management
- Ability to have a positive impact on others and communicate openly and directly to individuals or groups at all levels.
- Ability to motivate others to achieve goals and generate confidence whilst respecting and supporting colleagues and team members to reach their full potential.
- Ability to exert influence upwards by developing and maintaining relationships at Senior Manager level.
- Ability to identify current and future talent to contribute to business success.
- Ability to manage time effectively and direct others towards the same standards.
- Ability to translate strategic objectives into everyday activity and guide and motivate others to do the same.
- Able to solve complex problems, participates in continuous improvement, adapts the ideas of others.
- Demonstrate a proactive approach, getting things done, demonstrate accountability & ownership, prioritises own workload.
- Ability to apply learned skills, awareness beyond immediate area/role.
- Able to work well under pressure, flexible, positive & focused during times of change.
- Works well with others and actively contributes towards team objectives.
Apply, Click here