Reach us: email@example.com
The Technical Animator will be responsible for developing and maintaining animation systems, rigging, pipelines and processes used by the animation team.
- Develop, test and maintain complex animation systems in conjunction with animators, gameplay programmers and other team members as required
- Provide technical support on the animation tools and editor to the team
- Assist in the design, integration and validation of animation assets.
- Learn all required features and functions of the animation system editor and tools
- Participate in and supervise integration of the animation assets into the game engine
- Collaborate to ensure compliance of animation features with technical, aesthetic and gameplay constraints
- Research and share knowledge of existing engines and animation packages within the industry;
- Support the Lead Animator in any ad hoc tasks and duties.
- Assist in planning and scheduling of animation work
Skills and Knowledge
- Strong practical understanding of animation logic: node graphs, animation trees, and similar engine editors and technologies;
- Experience working with high-fidelity motion capture advantageous good knowledge of Autodesk Motionbuilder preferred, knowledge of 3DS Max, Maya, and similar packages useful;
- Strong understanding of rigging, skinning, and related character technologies;
- Strong knowledge of human anatomy and the visual arts;
- Ability to work flexibly, accept and give feedback and adapt to change;
- Good interpersonal and communication skills and ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team;
- Sense of initiative, originality, and resourcefulness in problem-solving.